TR Script – Transaction Recording Advices - modes S/E

EasyInput Frequently Asked Questions

TR Script – Transaction Recording Advices - modes S/E

Post by moderator »

TR Script – Transaction Recording Advices (SHDB) - modes Standard/Extended

In EasyInput there are two different script modes that can be used to record a transaction in Transaction script:
Standard (Batch Input) – This is the most commonly used mode. This mode operates in BDC mode within SAP so screens might look different from manual entry. Standard mode can only upload data into SAP. This mode does not need e-CATT to be working in the SAP environment and it’s performance is better as the extended mode.
Extended (Non-Batch Input, e-CATT) – This mode also operates in BDC mode within SAP but allows you to read data from SAP in addition to uploading data. Additionally in this mode the Batch Input marker is not set, so that the screen are usually identical to manual entry.
Important! Reading data from transaction has negative influence on performance.
Important! E-CATT requires additional authorizations and has to be switched on the mandant level. The users of the full version can use restricted BCC e-CATT access not requiring additional authorizations and mandant level switch.
Note, that for complex screen reading SAP GUI script type is recommended!

When recording a transaction script with the SHDB transaction one should choose:
• For Standard mode – the default setting should be left
• For Extended mode – e-CATT with individual screen control + No Batch Input + Cont. after commit settings should be chosen

Which mode should one choose?
• In most cases the Standard mode should be chosen (as this mode is usually more efficient for data processing)
• In some cases (e.g. HR transactions) the Extended mode will be the only option (example of such transactions: PA30, PA40, SU01, SU10, PFCG, CSOI)
• In some cases (e.g. some MM transactions) the Standard mode will be the only option (example of such transactions: ME21N, ME22N, ME52N, ME52N, CA01, MIGO)
• When reading is needed one should use the Extended mode (as only the extended mode supports reading)